Tuesday, July 7, 2009

REALITY CHECK!!!

Wow - today was an eye opener for me. This kid is coming! YIKES!! I have been having contractions quite often lately and what I thought was the baby tightening (to where you could feel body parts) sounds like they were contractions too - so I am having twice the amount of contractions than I thought. Fortunately I had "one" in the doctor's office this am, and they confirmed sure enough they are contractions. So with that being said, I mentioned to the doctor that I get them alot when I am taking a class at the gym. For instance at last night's step classes, I contracted with every song - that's a contraction every 4-5 minutes. As much as I don't want to stop working out, I know that the important thing is to keep the baby and myself safe, so I think for the balance of the pregnancy (or 36 weeks per the doctor) I will limit it to walking. The doc said I could go back to classes at 36 weeks. Due to the amount of contractions the doctor decided to do a little check up. The baby is starting to drop and my cervix is weakening (HOLY COW)! I have not started dilating..phew! I mentioned our trip to Charleston starting 07/18 and he now wants to check me before going to make sure everything is a-ok. So I go back again next Friday.
All stats were great - weight gain..good, blood pressure..good, baby's heart rate..good! So all in all another good appointment - just a little alarming...this baby will be here before we know it.
Which then makes things very scary in preparation of our sweet Braxton. I need to figure out what we are going to do with him and what all that entails....his bag packed, car seats that are available to send with whomever. It would be ideal for a mom to be here to help and keep him in his own surroundings and routine - but that's the "perfect world scenario" - so we might be calling on our extended family here in Wilmington - we thank you in advance!!

Stay Tuned until next Friday!

No comments: