Thursday, July 23, 2009

Not ready yet.....

All of you know that I have a tendency to be routine, regimented, some may say even a control freak, but there is no way I would have predicted that even my pregnancies could be somewhat routine.



If you will recall, with Braxton, I was placed on "bedrest" March 30th. On the morning of April 2nd, I went to the hospital around 2am with very intense and frequent contractions. After being monitored for 8 hours, they sent me home with 2 ambien....the absolute best sleep ever!!! I sat at home on bedrest for 6 very long days and contracted fairly regularly and on the 6th day, my water broke and 3.5 hours later Baby Carpenter entered the world. At that time we still hadn't decided on a name and he literally was Baby Carpenter for 1.5 days.
Pretty much a "text book delivery!"


And the fun starts with baby #2 - at 35 weeks and 3 days! As I mentioned in the previous post, we left Folly Beach a little earlier than planned due to some different feelings I was having. While at work yesterday, I noticed I was contracting...ALOT...and OFTEN. I happened to time it within an hour and low and behold, I had 10. So I called the doctor's office to give them a heads up. They called back and said "honey - go ahead to the hospital so we can monitor you!" I was not expecting that at all. I figured they may want to check me out, but I was thinking maybe at the dr's office. Due to it being after 3:00pm, they said that they wouldn't get results back like they could at the hospital. I freaked! What about Braxton? My bags aren't packed (I knew I should have washed clothes when we got back Tuesday)! We have no food in the house for whoever helps with Braxton! The sheets aren't cleaned! These my friends are the thoughts going through my head!

After calling Bryan, I called "Aunt Kelly" to see if she would come stay with B....she said yes! phew! So I had Bryan arrange for a car and car seat to be left for her, and I called Gateway to let them know. I called Leslie on the way to the hospital, left her a message. I will forewarn all: the reception is horrible at the hospital....basically NONE AT ALL!!! I checked in and an IV drip administered. After my quick review, I was dehydrated, 1-2cm's and 80% effaced...OMG!!! That's a big change from where I was last Friday. After 3.5 hours and a shot of terbutaline I was discharged. What an eye opener and lessons learned. Bryan was amazing. not only did he grab my bag and camera, but he even laid out clothes for Braxton to wear the next day as well as jammies for the night and even found a soup from his toddler years. I was very impressed.

Needless to say I will be taking it extremely easy over the next couple of days and weeks. We would love for this baby to bake for at least another week or two. As much as we are looking forward to meeting you sweet baby - we just aren't ready yet!!

No comments: