Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Folly Beach 2009

Well..we got the "all clear" from the doctor this past Friday and made our way down south for the annual Folly Beach trip. This has been an annual trip for our family for 25+ years. It started with my granddaddy and his siblings and their kids, add in our generation and now we have our own generation to add in. I LOVE IT! It was so good to see everyone. Here's the skinny: 12 adults, 1 teenager and 6 kids 5 and under...needless to say, quiet is not something we experienced very often. It was great to get all the kids together. Funny how some of them only get to connect once a year, but it's like they see each other every day. We had a great beach day and played hard, enjoyed a nice walk hand in hand with Bryan while Braxton ran hard. Braxton and daddy raced and learned how to rock throw! We even got stopped on a few occasions to let us know how handsome our boy was!! We enjoyed one day downtown at the aquarium and lunch out. Papa, Gigi, Uncle Ryan and Uncle Blake came out too. It was awesome seeing everyone. I even connected with girlfriends that I have known for 22 and 26 years and haven't seen in years.

Unfortunately we had to cut the trip short a little due to not feeling too well. Actually I was having a tingly sharp sensation on the verge of cramping that just didn't feel right. At this point in the pregnancy it's the idea of the unknown that is very scary to me, especially in another state where my doctor's aren't. Don't get me wrong, my entire family would have been thrilled if we had the baby in Charleston, and I am sure there are very capable ob's that could deliver this bambino, but I would much rather have it here in Wilmington. My fear was that I was going to have to find a hospital in Georgetown or Myrtle Beach. Fortunately we made it home safe and sound. The disappointing part was I had family pictures set up for us at the beach yesterday am and we had to leave before the pics were taken. I was bummed! Hopefully we can get a few shots before baby C makes the big debut!


Here's to another fun trip at Folly!

No comments: