Monday, July 27, 2009

Updates...Updates...Updates!!!

Update 1:
I have finally posted some pictures and post from months ago. SORRY!! I will start them and either never finish or won't get around to adding the pictures. Some of them go back to Mother's day and Father's Day....so take a trip back if you have a minute or two! My goal this week is to finish posts from 4th of July as well as our Folly Trip

Update 2:
We had yet, another trip to the hospital this weekend. I woke up Saturday morning with a very dull pain in my right side. Through out the morning there were times that it got super intense. When I say intense, it was to the point I couldn't walk and could barely catch my breath. I was a little worried, but thought it would go away. We tried to do a family trip to the mall for shoes for the boys and an outfit home for Baby C and literally I couldn't walk. I noticed the baby wasn't moving around as much either. Needless to say....I was starting to get scared..even freaked out a bit. I called the Triage department at the hospital and they said I needed to come in for monitoring. I called our sitter who was already scheduled to come in later Saturday night for Bryan and I to enjoy a last date night before our family grew. She came over to stay with Braxton. The whole way to the hospital I was stressing out, I forgot to tell braxton good bye and I loved him (and that alone made me ball), I thought "could this be my appendix?" How would that work? Would they have to do a C-section and then take my appendix. uugghh!
Dr Vogel was on call. He was the one who delivered Braxton. I instantly thought, is this an omen, are we having this baby today? After an 1.5 hours of monitoring, we were told the baby looked beautiful...again! Dr Vogel said since I didn't have the symptoms, he would rule out that it was my appendix and that the pain I felt was more than likely my muscles and tendons stretching to allow room for the baby...pphheeww! As much as I hated to spend a few hours in the hospital Saturday, it was reassurance that things were still smooth! Plus, we got to meet a few more nurses...in prep for our big day!

Bryan and I were still fortunate enough to enjoy date night. We went to the movies and saw the Hangover - very funny! And then went to Fox and Hound for appetizers. It was so nice just the 2 of us going out, not having to entertain a 3 year old and enjoy adult conversation. My favorite part was holding hands back to the car...it's the little things that make me happy!

Update 3:
Not only is this an amazing time in our lives while we await the arrival of baby carpenter, but I am also going through a few things that I would rather not be going through. The company I work for will be shutting the doors sometime late fall. It's very sad for numerous reasons. I have been here for 9 years. These people have seen me get a degree, get engaged, married and have 2 children. It comes at a very scary time too considering I will be going out on maternity leave. I think it may all work out though. I think I may put the kids in daycare part time and stay home with them part time for a while....that's my goal anyway!

In addition to this, my sister was just diagnosed with breast cancer on June 1st. I haven't blogged about this yet...I just haven't been ready...I think this will have to be a blog to come in the near future. There is alot that I need to say and feel inside and want and need to get out, when the timing is right. (if there is such a thing).

Stay Tuned...

No comments: