Friday, August 19, 2011

Bittersweet!

I haven't had the courage yet to write on this subject, but this time next week, I will be the momma, very proud mommy at that, of a kindergartner!

I can not believe my little goose is old enough to be in school next week. This is a weird spot to be in, because I love that he is finding his own independence and is becoming such a smart, sweet, inquisitive, caring, not to mention very handsome little guy. I love this little boy more than he will ever know. There are times he drives me down right insane and I don't know what to do, but I wouldn't change any of it for the world. No one could have prepped or warned you for the ups and downs, the roller coaster ride of parenting. At this point in our lives, the 3 areas we are really working on is whining, ungratefulness and repeatedly asking the same things over and over and over again. Based on conversations with other moms, it's not just us, but good lord is it a test!

I digress! We have done alot for Braxton to get him ready and amped up for this transition. We decided to re-do his bedroom. The monkey/giraffe mural that Bryan painted - gone! The jungle themed room - outta here. For the big boy, that's going to big boy school, needed a big boy room for sure. PIRATES! I found a great comforter, we painted his room, one wall red, the other three walls super light blue. Ordered a skull/cross bones/ pirate ship decal. Still looking for a few things to finish it up, but we are super pleased! We got him a new big boy book bag loaded with supplies. Bryan and I went for our first parent/teacher orientation last night and met Ms Colenda and Ms Hess.

Let me just tell you - it's going to be one of the hardest days of my life. I tear up every time I think about it. Bryan and I are going to drop him off together. Bryan said he will need to scoop me up off the floor. ugh! I plan to work until 1:00 and then I am going to spy on him in his new surroundings. Then when school gets out (still sounds weird to say) he and I will spend the afternoon together in a mommy and me day discussing his very first day at school. I see fuzzy peach in our future and maybe a little bowling or something amazing! Just something he and I can do together to celebrate!

Braxton Everett "Goose" Carpenter - your mommy is super proud of you and loves you to pieces!!!!

No comments: