Monday, June 8, 2009

A Pea in a Pod...no doubt!!











Here I am in all my glory at almost 29 weeks pregnant. I feel HUGE!!!! The delivery is right around the corner and I am not nearly ready. We have had a ton going on the last couple of weeks. My sister was just diagnosed with breast cancer and I am unfortunately losing my job, add that to my hormonal pregnancy mood swings and raising a 3 year old and I can tell you the Carpenter household definitely has its ups and downs!! It is time to kick some things into gear and start prepping for the arrival of this sweet baby. It really hit me yesterday going home - this kid is on it's way and if it comes early like Braxton, I could have this child in like 6 weeks...yikes! I went to the doctor this morning for my Rhogam shot, heart beat is still around 140 and I am measuring right where I need to be. And finally..there is a God...my weight gain was only 2 pounds in 4.5 weeks where it has been higher - a lot higher in between visits. If I didn't know any better, I would have thought someone was sneaking weights in my shoes each time I got on the scales, but considering I take those off for each "weigh in" I know that's not the case. So needless to say, I was quite pleased with only 2 pounds!


I did order neutral bedding. Though I like it, not sure I love it. I totally think I could pull it off if the baby is a girl and would throw in some pink, but if it's a boy (and that's the way I am leaning) I just don't know that's what I want. So off to the drawing board again. And let me tell you, there's not a whole lot out there that I am in love with. I know - I know, it would make life easier if I knew what we were having - not much longer folks!
Braxton and I did make a much needed trip down south to spend time with Leslie as well as celebrate Cameron's 5th birthday. Les has had her world rocked and turned completely upside down in less than 2 weeks, but she is strong and will get through this. It was great to see her and spend some good time with her. It was good to see the rest of the family too.
Braxton did a fabulous job on his first trip with big boy underwear. We only stopped once on the way down - false alarm - and coming back he did even better! I am so proud of him. We ask him if he wants a baby brother or sister, and he will tell you "just a baby." When we ask about a name for the baby - he still puts in his request for Bingo...so for some reason this kido's nickname could very well be Bingo!
I am sure the next couple of weeks will be very busy getting everything lined up for the baby. We look forward to seeing the Carpenter/Barrow crew at Bald Head for 4th of July and Uncle Kevin's birthday. Where has this year gone - it's already the 4th of July!! And then a few weeks after that we will head to Folly Beach (one of the best places on earth) for some good quality time with my family at beach week too. can't wait!!!!

No comments: