Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Father's Day!



Happy Father's day to all the daddies, Papa's and Pops in our life! Hope you all had a wonderful day celebrating everything you do. Our's was wonderful. Bryan got to sleep in until 8:30, and yes, I classify if you get to lay in the bed until 8:30, it's your own fault if you are not catching a few extra zzz's! Braxton and I treated daddy to breakfast at Sweet and Savory - yummy, Bryan and I actually watched a movie, Slumdog Millionaire, in its entirety (I have the hardest time staying awake watching movies lately - lame, I know) and did an afternoon adventure to Wal-Mart. Typically not what I would want to do, much less on a Sunday afternoon, but Bryan suggested it and it was his day after all, so we sucked it up and went. We finished the day grilling out hamburgers on the grill and they were scrumptious!

Side Note: it really does pay to watch the food network all the time. We got a great tip from there to patty the meat like you normally would, but stuff it with something...so, we sauteed mushrooms, red onions, mixed with sweet banana peppers and shredded mild cheddar cheese and stuffed it in the burger and they were awesome, so good in fact, I thawed out more meat for round 2 tonight!

Here's my absolute newest favorite picture: look at how cute my boys are!
















This weekend also included a trip to Lake Gaston to celebrate a surprise 40th Bday party for one of Bryan's fraternity brother's. These guys can go years without seeing each other, and put them together again and it's like they have never been apart! They cracked us up all day long. Grandmomma came in town to watch little bit for us so we could spend the day celebrating at the Lake. It was a scorcher! Hottest day of the year this far and was supposed to top off around 98 degrees - heat index was somewhere around the 107 mark! Needless to say we spend quite a bit of time floating around the lake. Here are a few shots from the weekend.

Here was Bryan's attempt at the pregnant belly look - still got him beat;)


















I went to the doctor today and we continue to proceed smoothly. Heartbeat is 140bpm, head is down, hiney is up, and I am right on target, I won't bore you with the weight detail again;)!



I almost forgot about one of my favorite things from this Fathers' Day. Braxton made this amazing Father's Day card at school and honestly both Bryan and I cried when we read it. This is what it said:



Happy Father's Day to all, especially you Bryan! Thanks for being such a wonderful daddy, we love you!





No comments: