Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Go Braxton..Go Braxton..Go Braxton!!!

Hopefully I am not jinxing myself, but I am so proud of my boy. We have gone 8 days with no accidents....YEAH BRAXTON!!! He goes at home, school and even this past weekend we were running errands and he told us at Costco and Target he had to go and sure enough he did. Saturday we were at the beach and he had to pee and poop, that was a little difficult to find somewhere for him to go, but we did and so did he. Sunday we went to a neighborhood pool and of course, he had to pee (several times) and poop and he did there too. This is such a monumental moment that I am VERY thankful for!!! Next up - overnight. But, I am ok if that one is a little down the road.

With Braxton going potty like a big boy now, he is very curious how it works for all. Yesterday he and I were discussing different parts that we have. And here is how the conversation went:

Braxton: I have a penis (pronounced penas), daddy has a penas, bud green has a tail and a hidden penas. What do you have mommy?
Me: well buddy, mommy has a vagina
Braxton: a gina
Me: a vagina
Braxton: oh, a vagina

and then later that night we were all relaxing in the den, winding down and reading stories and he turns to Bryan and says

Braxton: I have a penas, daddy - you have a penas, and Bud Green has a tail and hidden penas.
Me: Good job Braxton. What does mommy have?
Braxton: a volcano!!

After we stopped laughing we of course corrected him and told him it was a vagina and not volcano (even though at times, it does in fact feel like a volcano) Funny little guy!

1 comment:

Marie said...

Lorie, I will never get over the volcano story. Ever.