Thursday, June 24, 2010

Real Conversations with B:

Braxton is quite the manipulator especially when it comes to bedtime. He usually gets out a handful of times and makes excuses as to why:
1. I want to hug and kiss you
2. My sleeping bag fell down (he sleeps with a sleeping bag on top of his comforter)
3. I can't find so and so book
You get the drift....well the other night he came out and was asking about mommies and whose mommy is whose, like with me and Bryan. Then he went through the list of his friends and he came across one of his longest and best buds Olivia. He clearly knows her mommy is Ms Karen, but then wanted to know about Ms Karen's mommy. I told him she was in heaven and then the questions about heaven started and he asked "do they have a beanstalk to get to heaven?" He is so inquisitive and such a sweet boy sometimes!


Last night we were all upstairs and I was going through totes of hand me downs for both kids, Bryan was on the computer and Braxton was playing trains talking to himself and me and says the following:

B: Mommy, do I make you happy? Is this being a good boy?
M: Yes Braxton this is being a good boy and yes, you make me happy (most of the time).

A few minutes of him talking to himself and then he says to me....
B: And just who do you think you are....Why are you being so dramatic?
I seriously wasn't saying a word. Don't know where he gets it, but apparently the boys listens (at times:)!

I was putting him to bed one night and he asked if Ms Katie (one of his past teachers from Gateway and is also one of his babysitters) could please come over. I asked him why and he said "because she is good to me!" That is exactly what a mom wants to hear - that someone she leaves her children with is good to them:)!!!

No comments: