Thursday, September 22, 2011

I'm a Soccer Mom!








I could totally be driving a min van with all the soccer equipment and one of those little soccer ball gas covers...but I'm going to stick with black beauty, because she has served me well and let's face it, I love my Sequoia! An upgrade would be nice, but for now, let's just get her paid off!

Back to soccer. B has been doing it for right at a month now and seems to love it. 5 year old soccer is supposed to be a fun learning tool for the kids to start working on what it's like to be part of a team. Real tough for this momma, because I am a little competitive. We don't keep score...but I know how many goals my boy made! 1st game was a little tough for all. Somebody was overly sensitive and even ran off the field crying because he wasn't being cheered on. Trust me. He was! He whined the entire game and wanted to know why no one passed the ball to him. There was alot of DRAMA! This past weekend we had one game on Saturday and one on Sunday and he scored in both. YEAH BRAXTON!!!!!! He was so proud of himself. After he scored and everyone cheered, did a few high 5's, he came running over to me with the biggest smile of pure pride for a kiss. Yep...he wanted a kiss. Sunday Pancake Papa and Mimi and Pops were there to see him make his 2nd goal. YEAH again! Still a little whining through out, still a little drama, but I see improvements and well, isn't that the point of this. Now if only the practices could go smoother. I feel for Coach Erik and his patience required for seven 5 year old boys, who have the attention span of ZERO!

Go Team Frogs!!!

Chappelle enjoys hanging out with her friends during practice too. Who doesn't like a little girl time!?!?

No comments: