Thursday, September 4, 2008

"Braxtonisms..."

This kid amazes me!!

Here is a run down of a normal night at bedtime at the Carpenter's. We are still making the adjustment to the big boy bed. We start off with a few books. Right now his favorites are "The Tale of Peter Rabbit" and "Twas the Night Before Christmas" (Hey - they are his favorite picks;) So we read the books and say our prayers, which I am going to have to get on video, it is really too cute! We then tuck him in and say good night. Normally Braxton will get up at least once when you put him to bed and then somehow he normally finds his way to our room every morning around 5:30. This morning I had to go in and wake him up for school (does that ever happen on the weekends - nope!). He slept ALL night in his big boy bed! So this was our conversation this morning....

Me: "Braxton, I am so proud of you. You slept in your big boy bed all night. That makes mommy so happy!"

Braxton: "Mommy, you sleep in your bed too, that makes mommy happy!"

Me: "That's right, mommy slept in her bed and Braxton slept in his bed."

Braxton: "Mommy, I so proud of you!"

Somehow he also knows all the names of TV shows on noggin too. We usually don't watch a whole lot of TV, so that's why it surprises me even more. I was on the phone with Aunt Sessie the other day and Braxton came up and said "mommy, tamote (for remote) cues cues is on!" Really buddy - Blues Clues is on! WOW!!! He then asked about Gamma Gamma - which I had never even heard of, sure enough it's a real show. Of course the other favorites are Dora, which he requests every morning and afternoon and "Go Diego Go." He also knows who "Lightning McQueen" is and has never watched CARS!! Do he and his buddies already talk TV/Movie Talk at school?

Another thing I have noticed is isn't it funny how we all understand our own children's lingo?!?! I was talking to a girlfriend at the gym last night and Braxton was asking where her son Aaron was. What you have to understand is that I think Braxton talks very clearly and can understand every word he says, where others give that blank "what did he say" look.

Until next time...

No comments: